CFL Compact Flourescent Lamp

As low as £19.95
In stock
SKU
CFL-Compact-Flourescent-Lamp

WHAT IS A CFL BULB?

CFL stands for COMPACT FLUORESCENT LAMP. These bulbs were designed to replace incandescent (old fashioned) light bulbs. Incandescent bulbs burn hotter and waste a large proportion of the electricity used to power them - 90% of the energy is used to produce heat and the other 10% as light.

WHY SHOULD I USE A CFL AS A GROW LIGHT?

CFLs can last up to 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs, they produce less heat and use less wattage to deliver the same amount of light.

The vegetative stage is the beginning phase of a plants life. It is during this stage that the plant will form its root mass, output lots of leaves and grow quickly in readiness for the flowering or fruiting stage.

A CFL can be positioned closer to the plant which means the plant will receive more light and produce a closer node structure.

There are a number of benefits to switching to CFLs for the vegetative stage of your plants growth. These include:

  • LOWER RUNNING COSTS
  • NO SPECIAL FIXTURES REQUIRED (it does not require a ballast)
  • CAN BE PLACED EXTREMELY CLOSE TO THE PLANTS MEANING THAT YOUR PLANTS WILL NOT STRETCH TOWARDS THE LIGHT AND THEY WILL HAVE CLOSER NODES AND A MORE ROBUST STALK
  • EASY TO USE

 

WHAT IS A CFL BULB?

CFL stands for COMPACT FLUORESCENT LAMP. These bulbs were designed to replace incandescent (old fashioned) light bulbs. Incandescent bulbs burn hotter and waste a large proportion of the electricity used to power them - 90% of the energy is used to produce heat and the other 10% as light.

WHY SHOULD I USE A CFL AS A GROW LIGHT?

CFLs can last up to 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs, they produce less heat and use less wattage to deliver the same amount of light.

The vegetative stage is the beginning phase of a plants life. It is during this stage that the plant will form its root mass, output lots of leaves and grow quickly in readiness for the flowering or fruiting stage.

A CFL can be positioned closer to the plant which means the plant will receive more light and produce a closer node structure.

There are a number of benefits to switching to CFLs for the vegetative stage of your plants growth. These include:

  • LOWER RUNNING COSTS
  • NO SPECIAL FIXTURES REQUIRED (it does not require a ballast)
  • CAN BE PLACED EXTREMELY CLOSE TO THE PLANTS MEANING THAT YOUR PLANTS WILL NOT STRETCH TOWARDS THE LIGHT AND THEY WILL HAVE CLOSER NODES AND A MORE ROBUST STALK
  • EASY TO USE

 

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:CFL Compact Flourescent Lamp
Back to Top